The real secret to great skin is drinking plenty of water, eight glasses per day is the recommended amount to ensure you are fully hydrated. This will result in a noticeably clearer and refreshed complexion, along with reduction of the dreaded under eye circles (a side effect of all those late nights worrying!) Implementing a well-branded eye cream into your bedtime routine will also banish puffy daytime eyes, and using a serum under your moisturiser will ensure your skin has a healthy, nourished glow.
Begin receiving facials a few months beforehand, this will guarantee your skin is fully cleansed and nurtured and that the chance of spot breakouts will have diminished by your wedding day. Non-surgical facelifts such as the one by Caci can be particularly beneficial, combining detoxification and cleansing with firming treatments.
BODY & MIND
If you’re watching what you eat before the big day, then take note of plenty of foods which provide you with Vitamin B, such as fish, nuts and eggs. These will give your skin and hair a natural boost, as well as being really good for you! Avoid salty foods in the week before your big day, as these have dehydrating properties which will result in a dull and tired complexion. Daily multivitamins can also ease a number of ills; giving you an energy boost whilst you’re overwhelmed with planning and reducing anxiety niggles.
For total relaxation treat yourself to a massage in the weeks before. The Elemis Deep Tissue Massage is an indulgent full body treat and is the perfect remedy to soothe tension whilst mentally re-energising. Each massage is tailored specifically to each individual, targeting problem areas and alleviating a variety of pressures.
Whether you are wearing your hair up or down, glossy and healthy hair with natural body never goes out of fashion. In addition to a visit to the hairdresser beforehand to reduce split ends and touch up any colour, invest in a deep-conditioning treatment to ensure your hair is looking its best, diminishing any straw like qualities. An invigorating scalp massage will also boost body by stimulating hair follicles.
To get your skin glowing, all over exfoliation with a delicate body scrub twice a week is recommended. You can either do this at home with a beautiful product such as Elemis’ Skin Nourishing Body Scrub, or indulge in an exfoliating spa treatment, which often combines massage to leave you feeling radiant and relaxed. Smooth skin also ensures an even and natural looking spray tan; we particularly love the subtle and gorgeous glow of St Tropez!
HANDS & FEET
You want to be looking your best from head to toe! Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure before your big day, additional nail treatments such as Geleration offer durable, high gloss and chip free colour, in a range of subtle or vibrant shades. TIP: Apply moisturiser to your feet and wear socks after applying – the warmth will intensify the nourishing properties of the cream and reduce the chance of blisters and unsightly cracked heels occurring.
One of the key elements in ensuring you’re a glowing bride on the day is your makeup! Decide on a makeup artist in advance and sample different colours and styles before the day, to ensure the cosmetics you have chosen are not only perfect for your complexion and skin type, but perfect for what you want! Additional pampering such as HD Brow treatments, to tidy and define your eyebrows, can accentuate and frame your whole face. Whilst semi-permanent eyelashes, such as the Lash Perfect extensions at Spa by Kasia (which can last up to 8 weeks), will enhance the natural beauty of your eyes, without the need for layering of mascara and unfortunate panda eyes!
Spa by Kasia offer a range of Bridal and Hen packages, we also have a variety of treatments which are perfect for your pre-bridal prep! Here are some of our favourites:
- We have a selection of facial treatments for results optimum to your skin type and needs, such as the Elemis Visible Brilliance treatment for £69 to revive dull skin and restore radiance. We also offer the celebrity recommended range of Caci Non-Surgical Facelifts and Facials. You can view our full selection in more detail HERE.
- For all over exfoliation and relaxation, we recommend the Clarins Body Polisher for £45 or the Elemis Lime and Ginger Salt Glow also £45, both are sure to leave you feeling radiant and revived. We also offer our unique Turkish inspired Hamman treatment!
- We love the gorgeous glow of our St Tropez spray tans! This lightweight tan develops to suit your natural skin tone and covers even those hard to reach areas, resulting in an even and bronzed colour – no more worries about looking orange! Click here to find out how you can WIN one!
- Geleration nail treatment, HD Brows and Lash Perfect synthetic eyelash extensions (as mentioned above) are also all available at Spa by Kasia.
- Clarins Bridal makeup (including a trial) is also available for just £65.