Our commitment to you
Nelson Hotels is committed to ensuring that Spa by Kasia is a safe place to work within and visit. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and team is, as always, our ultimate priority.
In accordance with government recommendations and health organisation advice, we have made necessary changes to our operations so that we will be able to welcome you back as safely as possible while observing the challenges presented by the COVID-19 virus.
Before your visit
We require all spa guests to submit a health and well-being consultation prior to their visit. To minimise contact and provide our Spa team with all necessary information with plenty of notice, we have made the consultation form available online and guests must complete their consultation at a maximum of 24 hours prior to their treatment time.
Spa by Kasia politely asks that, if you have exhibited any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19 in the last four weeks, you do not enter the spa. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fever or high temperature
- Dry, persistent cough
- Loss or change in senses of taste and/or smell
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
We also ask that you refrain from visiting if you have been in contact with someone who has exhibited COVID-19 symptoms in the last four weeks.
Currently, we are able to accept group bookings up to 6 guests maximum (whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines). Only guests with a spa day/break reservation, leisure members or hotel guests with a booked slot to use the facilities will be permitted to enter the spa and leisure areas.
Spa by Kasia will store your contact details on file as part of the government’s track and trace program and alert you of any known contact with anyone symptomatic of COVID-19, should the circumstance arise.
On August 14th, it was announced that facial and close-contact treatments could be carried out from Saturday 15th August. Spa by Kasia is now offering an extenstive range of treatments, which you can view here. Please note: some treatments and experiences remain unavailable due to restrictions.
Know Before You Go
Showers within treatment rooms are not available for use at this time. Please shower prior to your arrival for your treatment. Guests on Day Spa Escapes (available from July 25th) may use the showers within the changing rooms.
Due to social distancing guidelines, the Duo Treatment room will not be available until further notice.
Day Spa Escape guests will be provided towels and dressing gowns as normal but are welcome to bring their own if preferred.
We are currently operating on a cashless basis and so politely request that you make any payments by card, and contactless methods where possible, to minimise contact with Spa team members.
During Your Visit
We politely request that all guests sanitise their hands upon entering the spa and adhere to social distancing guidelines by maintaining a distance of 1m plus from other guests where possible.
Please observe all signage and guidelines pertaining to safety while in the spa. Some common areas or facilities may be restricted in order to maintain distance between guests.
All guests will be required to submit to a brief temperature check before beginning treatment.
Our team have always worked diligently to ensure that our spa is a sanitary and safe environment, but we have made some additional improvements to our protocol.
- Spa therapists will continuously sanitise and clean common areas and surfaces throughout the day, in additional to the daily deep-clean when service ends.
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- Our staff are provided additional time between clients to ensure the treatment room and any equipment is thoroughly sanitised before welcoming the next client.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the spa, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that you sanitise your hands upon entry.
- On a continuous basis, we carry out a thorough sanitation of the elements, devices, surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests. Our Housekeeping team have introduced an incredibly effective extra measure of sanitation to address the cleaning concerns of today. Using a powerful misting system, our team now carry out a weekly clean of all common areas and surfaces with XtraProtect, a British lab-tested sanitiser which forms a powerful protective layer on surfaces lasting up to 8 days, killing 99.9% of bacteria and viral transmissions, including COVID-19, in thirty seconds.
Our therapists will wear face coverings at all times during your treatment. Gloves will be worn by therapists at your discretion. We kindly request that guests wear face coverings at all times.
Our pool and gym facilities will be permitted to open from Saturday 25th July with some modifications made to keep our team and guests safe. Day spa guests, leisure members and hotel guests will be required to pre-book. Leisure members will have the opportunity to book their time slot through their online members portal, while day spa and hotel guests may co-ordinate with the Spa team during their visit to book their time slot.
We ask that guests are flexible in their expectations of their use of pool and gym facilities. In order to maintain adequate distancing and keep all guests safe, it may be necessary for leisure staff to impose restrictions on individual time limits for use of facilities. Our leisure team will closely monitor guest activity and make any necessary changes to ensure guests are able to use the facilities safely.
Due to restricted numbers at any one time the gym, pool, relaxation room and spa eatery may not be immediately available to you.
No more than 4 guests will be allowed in the relaxation room at any one time.
Until further notice, our steam room, sauna, Hamman and Arabian Rasul will be out of use.